Re: [glob2-devel] Ideas for post 1.0 version

From: Joey Marshall
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Ideas for post 1.0 version
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 07:43:20 -0700

On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 14:53:51 +0200, "Stéphane Magnenat"
<address@hidden> said:
> Even core developers have ideas sometimes... while eating today and
> discussing
> with Cyrille, who proposed magic for units, I got the idea of magic for
> player:
> In the world, there is runes, that can be controlled by one teem. When a
> rune
> is controlled, it gives mana to the owner team. Each rune has an
> affiliation
> (water, fire, std::etc, ...)
> For each affiliation there is some spell. The more powerfull the spell
> is, the
> more mana it takes. The idea is to have speels that alter the map to use
> this
> capability of the engine.
> Here is a quick list of possible spells
> * Irigation - regenerate ressources faster (water, simple)
> * Waterfall - water attack (water, medium)
> * Waterforming - create water (water, ultimate)
> * Algaforming - create seeweed in water (nature, medium)
> * Bug - destroy fruits (nature, medium)
> * Grassforming - create grass (nature, ultimate)
> * Digger - remove stones (rock, medium)
> * Armagedon - massive astral bombing (rock, ultimate)
> * KissOfDesert - create desert (rock, ultimate)
> * ...
> Spell can only be casted on a know area (but potentially under FOW) and
> have
> area effect.
>
> What do you think ?

Personally, i don't like the idea or sorcery throne into this game,
others allready have plenty of that. But I do like the idea of the
terrain changing. Like desserts expand after a while, Maybe have
volcanos erupt and leave an island in the middle of the sea. stuff like
that. But I would be greatly disappointed to see magic be added to a
game as good as it is so far.

Joey Marshall