[glob2-devel] Call for optimisation

From: Stephane Magnenat
Subject: [glob2-devel] Call for optimisation
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 23:17:01 +0200

Hello,

If someone wants to contribute in an area that is not directly in contact of
the core engine, the method : void TextArea::layout(void) in GUITextArea.cpp
needs heavy optimisation. It is called each time a text is added, and now
redo all the layouting. It is very slow, which makes the GUI unresponsive for
big chats on YOG.

The best would be to keep a list of tokens, basically words, that are then
flow-layouted...

Of course I'll have a look at uit one day but as you know, I'm very busy...

Steph