Re: [glob2-devel] Turret behaviour improved

From: emmanuel . eckard
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Turret behaviour improved
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2004 23:12:18 +0200

Good point. All overall, I also noticed that when you get schools, swimming
pooly and running tracks built, units have a tendency to drop whatever they're
doing to get the new training. I can almost hear them scream "Whow cool,
training opportunity !!!". This is usually the point to which I loose the game
aginst some stupids grunts who burn down my whole camp down, with its
super-trained units inside the crmbling down buildings. Thus the logically
linked idea that

 -- units might want to exit an attacked building (when the biulding is
destroyed, it's normal that the units inside be destroyed, but when they see
that the building they're inside is attacked, they should go out and fight or do
whatever is more appopriate...)

 -- All units might want to put training somewhere else than
super-top-most-absolute priority. For instance, "when I've got some time" or
something else. (if we really need that, we could even have some kind of "alert
level" which lets the units go to school more or less... I can almost picture
the globules switching from "high" to "elevated"... hum, I'm loosing myself
there :) )

  Stephane, don't start screaming that the horrible users are alyways asking for
more features, I'm volunteer to code some of these myself if needed ! :)