Re: [glob2-devel] Message history

From: Martin Nyffenegger
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Message history
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 09:40:50 +0100

Idea of a non player:
Keep the whole history for later (saved history) tactical replay of the strategies. But only display around 50 messages...

Martin

Le 8 févr. 05, à 09:08, Stéphane Magnenat a écrit :

On Tuesday 08 February 2005 02.12, Hein-Pieter van Braam wrote:
I've implemented your suggestion about the normal texts, and I made it
auto-update now.

I didn't change the maximum length of the history as I feel it doesn't
really matter, and, an attack can easily make 10+ messages, which might
make you loose something you did want to see.

another solution would be to split chat and game messages.

I didn't make the history larger, because I wanted it to be possible to play they game with the history constantly open, that's why you can click through it now too, a solution might be to make the whole thing alpha blend
into the game screen or something.

I hope you'll like it, please let me know if you disagree, I'll follow your
suggestions if you disagree with me.

I've tested it for a while. It is very good as it is now, we can always do change anything later if players want it. I'm just a bit worried about the maximum history length, because if there is thousands of entries it is just humanly impossible to scroll. So perhaps we should limit the history to 100
or 200 entries. But we can do it later if we feel it is required.

Thanks a lot,

Steph