Re: [glob2-devel] alpha 13 runs slooooooooooooow

From: Matthew Marshall
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] alpha 13 runs slooooooooooooow
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 11:40:21 +0000

On Monday 25 April 2005 04:18 pm, Stéphane Magnenat wrote:
> > BTW, would it be hard to make the swarm leave behind a small amount of
> > wheat when it is destroyed?  I have long thought that would be a great
> > way to implement 'planting'.
>
> Well, that's an idea. Some ressources will be left only if the user
> destroyed it by willingly, right ?

Actually, I was thinking that it could also help a player to recoup from a
raid if their swarm left some wheat when the enemy destroyed it.

Perhaps it could be so that the amount of wheat left behind is the amount that
is stored in it.  So, by building a swarm, filling it, and destroying it, you
will have 20 wheat planted at the cost of 30 wheat.  Also, that way a swarm
that is producing as fast as it is given wheat will not leave much if it is
attacked.

MWM