Re: [glob2-devel] scripting language

From: Stephane Magnenat
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] scripting language
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 12:37:08 +0200

Hello,

As I'm ill at home, I've given a look to Tea, and I like it :-)

Martin (V.), do you intend to finish your scripting system? Because if you do
not think so, I'm reading to use tea, if it meets all the requirements (and I
think that, with minor changes, it does) below:

- Parser in the preparse phase creates a context. The context should be able
to be serialized with glob2's stream and reloaded to be executed.
- Parser in the preparse phase should be able to parser several scripts
independently without side effects to the parser (so that we can parse
multiple stories).
- Execution should be able to be limited to a certain number of instruction,
to prevent infinite loop in case of buggy scripts
- Some instructions, known as waits, should suspend one thread execution
(return from execute) and reevaluate the condition on next call to execute.

If this works, tea is ready for glob2.

Steph