Re: [glob2-devel] scripting language

From: Bo Lorentsen
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] scripting language
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 13:32:11 +0200

address@hidden wrote:

As long as you keep scripting for maps, speed is not an issue. C++ is awfully
unfriendly for map designers.
Ok, I think I understand. The API for Glob2 is the base API code :-)

Depending on a compiler would be a very bad design decision, without even
considering portability issues.
I agree, but one may think of some kind of "creature/player plugin" or something like that, where the plugins are written in C++ like the rest of glob2. I guess the best thing to do is to make some documentation or heavy comments of the main core classes, and then keep scripting in the maps for relatively simple condition checks.

You can't store/restore a whole native execution stack and heap.

core dumps :-)

I can't add anything to this statement, I don't know the code and the related problems well enough, yet.

It isn't. What makes lisp hard to understand is its syntax, not its concepts.
I know, just functions on pairs, but a lot of them :-)

/BL