Re: [glob2-devel] Stream I/O

From: Stephane Magnenat
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Stream I/O
Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2005 11:20:40 +0200

Hi,

Thanks for your work. Text stream input is *not* only for debugging! It is
designed to read all parameters such as unit and building types. For
instance, right now, UnitTypes are deserialized this way, see Unit::load() in
UnitType.cpp and Race::loadDefault() in Race.cpp

It is very important that config files are easy to edit and easy to understand
so that tuning is simple. This was the motivation behind the text config file
parsing (in addition to be able to move maps from very different formats
using things like awk scripts)

So I think it is quite important to keep the text input parser. What do you
think? I've no problem with more c++ ish stream. Just keep in mind that the
text fiele parser should be able to take argument out of order, as it does
now.

Steph