Re: [glob2-devel] New wiki site

From: Stéphane Magnenat
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] New wiki site
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 00:16:54 +0100

Hi,

I don't have time to comment on Wiki related things, I just want to stress
some coding point:

> Well, if you want to know about QT, look at
> http://boson.eu.org/index.php because they built it on top of the KDE,
> Qt and kdegames libraries

Well, I've been keeping an eye on boson for a long time, and frankly, each
time I tested, it did not worked well. Furthermore, kdegames do not yet
provide some usefull tools for us now. Of course, we have to keep an eye on
it in the future.

> Also about the source code:
>     - lines are too long:  someone should use an automatc program that
> will restructurate the hole code and with lines not longer than 80
> caracters. Also the tab should be only 2 characters (4 or 6 is too much
> i think).

I absolutely do not agree here, sorry. Good text editors such as kate (joky
troll, do not reply thx ;-)) have dynamic word wrap that take into account
the indentation level. I think that 4 chars per tab is good for readiness.

>     - documentation of the structure of types used for data and
> interface functions: this is more difficult to make, so i will not
> stress on this too much.

I agree here, we should document the code better.

Steph