Re: [glob2-devel] 0.8.17, beta, web site

From: Munteanu Alexandru
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] 0.8.17, beta, web site
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2005 16:38:48 +0100

On Fri, Dec 09, 2005 at 09:53:39AM +0100, Stéphane Magnenat wrote:
> - should we call this 0.8.17 (alpha 17) or 0.9.1 (beta 1)?
> - should we use the new web site?
>
> I plan to work a bit on the web site this week-end, because I think than
> the shorter we have two web sites the better it is. If you want to help
> with moving content, that would be nice. Kyle, is the SQL problem fixed?
> This problem displayed an error after a page was edited and saved, but
> did not affect the saved.

I personally think we should call this release alpha17.

As for the web site I suggest to fix the error before using the new
web site.

I think that the phpbb/mediawiki users integration has nothing to do
with this error. Here are some of my conclusions :

20:14 < ion_bidon> AppleBoy: is there any way to upgrade your mysql ?
20:14 < ion_bidon> to make it >= 4.1.15 ?
20:14 < ion_bidon>
http://tderouin.typepad.com/goodtimes/2005/09/incorrect_key_f.html
20:14 < ion_bidon> read this, they say it's a mysql bug
20:15 < ion_bidon> something about conflict between FULLTEXT and
UTF-8/Windows charsets
21:53 < ion_bidon> AppleBoy: install mysql > 4.1.15
21:53 < ion_bidon> the error we are getting to the wiki appears to be
because of a bug in mysql
21:54 < ion_bidon> versions <= 4.1.15
21:55 < ion_bidon> and we are not the only one having it, you can
search the web for mediawiki incorrect key file for table or just
incorrect key file for table

Alex