Re: [glob2-devel] changes for CVS

From: Bradley Arsenault
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] changes for CVS
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 21:03:40 -0800

On 1/13/06, Nuage <address@hidden> wrote:

> Sorry, but I disagree. People tend to make allot of redundant documentation.
> This makes the headers files much longer to read. If the comments are put into
> the header, tree lines of comments for one method makes me four times slower
> find the method I want. Or more generally to read the header. Oppositely,
> comments in the implementation file is needed right at the time you want to
> read it.
>
> We should not mix the people learning the code and the ones maintaining it. So
> please, don't slow me down...thank you.
>
> Nuage

I've certainly had plenty of trouble tracking down the meanings of
certain functions, certainly due to lack of documentation in the
project, however making it so that I have to search for documentation
in the source file if I don't have doxygen available certainly doesn't
help, it almost defeats the purpose of having doxygen at all, which is
to allow documentation to come in both the code itself and in a
globall html form. But yeah, I see how it could become troublesome to
track down certain functions or members in a header file, although I
don't see the point if you don't have quick access to know what their
for. Its a trade off, really,