Re: [glob2-devel] more fruits?

From: Kai Antweiler
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] more fruits?
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 14:07:05 +0100

>> We could introduce a new feature that counters conversion strategies.
>
> The point of conversion stategy is precisely to counter the "smash-it-all"
> strategy. I am not certain that we want to counter-counter things ad
> aeternam, and I am quite positive that we do not want yet another
> extermination game.

If we are worrying about fruits getting to strong, the best thing is
a counter (or tuning what already is there).
I don't think that glob2 is so complex that is it would suffer from
well placed enhancements to its strategic capabilities.

>> If workers would be able to feed warriors the warriors would not get
>> hungry and therefore won't be converted.
>> This could be controlled through - let's say - market places.
>
> It is already controlled by Inns.

I don't think so.  As far as I know globs only go to Inns when they
are totally starved.  And then they go to the Inn with the most fruits.
(And they prefer your own Inns and then the nearest free one.)
Well I am not sure about it, but when this is right the only way
to keep globs from being converted are fruits themself.
I don't like it if the best counter to a thing is the thing itself.
This boils down to: be there first and with the strongest force.

>> I also thought of a new worker type that is slow and can do nothing
>> but look after the supply.  On the other hand it cannot be converted
>> and is the only unit that can supply other units.
>
> This would be a very massive change in the engine, I doubt that it would be
> concievable in the immediate future.

Ok.

--
Kai Antweiler