Re: [glob2-devel] more fruits?

From: Bradley Arsenault
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] more fruits?
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2006 11:27:27 -0800

On 3/11/06, Leo Wandersleb <address@hidden> wrote:
> ??? i disagree!
> you trust the open source programmers to be able to programm
> a good game but not to do a good map? look at other games
> where there are map editors (counterstrike). there if an
> unexperienced player tries to do a map nobody would ever
> want to play that one but still there are good and balanced
> maps cause people do them.
> don't try to put in the code what should be done by the
> map-designer
>
> greetings, leo

Actually, I don't trust open source programmers to program a good
game. Look on the linux game tomb, you can find hundreds of fairly
shitty games that a developer finds the time to work on for the first
year but then loses interest. I certainly don't trust people to make
good maps, and if they can make crappy maps, they will. This goes
along with "Give a user a button, and they will eventually click it."