Re: [glob2-devel] LibGAG

From: Bradley Arsenault
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] LibGAG
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 15:39:00 -0700

On 4/21/06, Sébastien <address@hidden> wrote:
> The more I'm working on the tooltip system, the more I'm wondering if libGAG
> hasn't some design problems.
> Bradley told me he was refactoring the game to use only widgets, so maybe it's
> the moment to look closer at the widget library :
> We've a class Button (indirectly) derived from RectangularWidget. However, if
> you look at the ingame menu (wich is not in the Widget format for now), there
> are circular buttons. Shouldn't we separate the shape and the function (for
> exemple, we could pass the shape to the Widget's constructor) ?
> Tell me if this is a good thing to investigate in order to have a more generic
> handling of widgets...

There are many problems to address with the system ... however, we are
trying to hold off an entire game makeover untill after the 1.0
release. Personally, I think the goals of 1.0 would be more realizable
if we did a code makeover now, but redoing the entire system will take
a while, longer than most people seem to want to compromise for 1.0.