Re: [glob2-devel] New music from Lucas Tamarit

From: melt phace
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] New music from Lucas Tamarit
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2006 10:46:17 +0000

hi Matthew,

thank you for having tried it in the game!
that's very nice of you.

i've spent a lot of time working on those transitions.
actually i created a little setup inside Reason that allows me to listen
to the three songs in parallel, with a double cross-fader to check the transitions in real-time. so, during the composition, i could constantly switch from one layer to another and adapt it.
it was a very pleasant process.

+++

you've noticed a funny thing about the bass.
the fact is, it's the main correspondance between the three tracks.

in the "idle" and "joy" layers, it's  straight the same bass line,
going on a somewhat major scale (that sounds "happy")
for the "war" layer, i took the original bass line and turned it into
a somewhat minor scale (supposed to sound "nasty", here).

as the rest of the arrangements don't have many things in common,
i decided to push the bass a little (maybe too much, as you say), in order
to make the transitions sound more natural.

+++

anyway, thanks again for your comment about the bass volume.
i'll lower it a bit in the next version.

+++

and to everyone: new comments are still very welcome...

thanks.

Lucas.