Re: [glob2-devel] Glob2 suddenly became slow!

From: Bradley Arsenault
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Glob2 suddenly became slow!
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 16:01:32 -0700

On 6/12/06, Matthew Marshall <address@hidden> wrote:
On Mon 12 Jun 2006 14:58, you wrote:
> > https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/index.php?func=detailitem&item_id=16803
> >
> > Has anyone else experienced this?
> >
> > MWM
>
> Well sorry. I know that at least 50% of all games end desynced.

It's been 100% for me :-(  At least it's not near as bad as "The Great
Forbidden Area Desync of '04!"

Maybe _I_ just need to spend some time and try to nail down exactly what is
causing this.

> Maybe if we get some hundred people to drop in soon we
> get people motivate to help those begging noobs get their games running ;)

Problem is, most people aren't persistant enough to beg.  Before they have a
chance to really get into the game they get frustrated.  :-/

> P.S.: My excuse not to program for glob2: I don't get any ide running :(
> Anjuta what I did my mapgenerator with suddenly stopped working and eclipse
> that has very cool features crashes regularly without saving anything
> before. Any suggestions?

Have you tried doing it the old fashion way and using a text editor?  I prefer
kate, (AFAIK so does ntc,) but if you want to use a gnome program GEdit isn't
too bad.  KDevelop is another option for an IDE.

MWM

I quite like GVim to be honest, it allows me to do my work fast and
efficiently, better then GEdit, which is what I used to use. Allot of
people like Emacs as well, from what I here, but emacs is more than
just a text editor, it has no particular domain.