Re: [glob2-devel] hi!

From: Leo Wandersleb
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] hi!
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2006 22:01:41 +0200

Hi Armageddon

Nice to read such a mail full of motivation =D

I can try and point out what the status of the game is right now:
glob2 is heading for a 1.0 release. That means that bug-fixes are most welcome
and major rewrites are not.
So if you have skills that could help get those nasty net-desyncs under
control: perfect. We will release 1.0 soon.
If not: well then all tiny improvements are welcome.

We had a proposed upgrade for the background music 2006-05-30:
http://globulation2.org/public_files/contrib/music/lucas/
(contact Lucas Tamarit for that Steph address@hidden posted it on the ML)

testing is welcome but not so easy. to pinpoint the cause of a crash there's
more knowledge needed than to play the game. (i'm one of those who normally
don't report those desyncs :(( )

if you have ideas there's another ml. address@hidden
also some prefere to present their ideas here:
http://globulation2.org/wiki/Wishlist

translation is always welcome but not top priority.

maps is another topic. it's very easy for the comunity to generate maps but
they don't get published. here i'd like to point you to my wishlist:
http://globulation2.org/wiki/Wishlist#Improved_Map_Management
with such a system in place i wouldn't worry about maps any more. so i suggest
that if you or anybody helps me i'll do it.

Greetings, Leo Wandersleb

P.S.: In persönlichen Mails müssen wir uns nicht mit Englisch abbrechen ;)