Re: [glob2-devel] Alpha 20 Preperations

From: Stéphane Magnenat
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Alpha 20 Preperations
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 19:39:05 +0200

> yes, release as beta1, and let's get started on a rewrite! let genix go
> at it with a vengeance! even if you are working on fixing features in
> beta1, he can still get the next version read (with gtkmm ;)  )

People ! Please stop dreaming too much about rewrites. There is actually
several half-rewrites in glob cvs :
- map-rewrite (Andrew)
- unit-rewrite (Nuage, Nct)
- qt (Marv, Nct)
They all are stalled somewhere. Any major rewrite means handling a lot of
complexity, and this requires time and concentration.

Now we need a 1.0 release with actual code-base, then we can rethink what we
want and do serious rewrites. If we begin rewrites now in HEAD; 1.0 will
never get released.

Steph

--
http://nct.ysagoon.com