Re: [glob2-devel] Nicowar and desync

From: Bradley Arsenault
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Nicowar and desync
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 10:41:24 -0700

On 7/18/06, Cyrille Dunant <address@hidden> wrote:
It is _not_ the compiler, it is the hardware. read the IEEE 754 norm.

CU

 -- CFD

Right after you mentioned mantissa, I went out and researched the
float standard, which mentioned nothing of initialization. The
compiler compiles code that initializes a number, I still see no
reason that a number would be left unitialized. Anyway, that page you
gave me is about accumulated error, and he does it over a billion
values. Its fairly good that most computers are less then a 10'th off
(in my opponion)

Anyway, I don't feel like arguing this, I have no intention of not
fixing my code, machine-machine is still unsafe.

--
Start and finish, Bradley Arsenault