Re: [glob2-devel] rise value of walls

From: Leo Wandersleb
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] rise value of walls
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2006 22:46:39 +0200

They could be upgrades to walls.

Sounds nice. but to get back to the gradients: isn't it that all teams use the
same gradients? if so you wouldn't just double the count of gradients but
multiply it by count of teams as each team might be allowed to pass different
gates. Having to lock/unlock the gates by hand is no solution as we constantly
claim to reduce micro management.

On the other hand we could switch the gates automatically but that would lead
to strange behaviour of the globs. Imagine we implement a rule like this:
by default the gate is open
if an enemy is in seight (walls see 1 wide) the gate closes
if also an own warrior is in seight, the gate opens (better loose a warrior
than a gate)

now that would result in odd situations where warriors would constantly change
their path both friend and hostile.

Although I'd like my brothers idea of gates, I guess they are not beneficial to the game.
(see "should turrets attack air?")

Greetings, Leo