Re: [glob2-devel] turn clearing area into paving area

From: Leo Wandersleb
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] turn clearing area into paving area
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2006 20:26:25 +0200

Kai Antweiler wrote:
> I'd propose only you should be allowed to build on it.
> It would be frustrating if you want to construct a pool,
> and then your opponent puts a wall construction site on your pavement.

no problem if construction sites are only blocking to others if the
first ressource has been delivered. allow to build where hostile units
walk and make them behave as in a forbidden area as soon as the first
ressource has been delivered.

> That sounds so good, but:
> since clearing areas don't work (well), paving areas won't either.
> Can this be improved by giving paving areas higher priority, or
> are there difficult bugs that cause the uselessness of clearing areas?

that's not quite right. my paving area differs from 0.8.21 clearing area
in that it would be a job like a building and request a worker per
square. clearing area is more like an area that *allows* clearing than
an area that must get cleared. i guess it doesn't even propagate a gradient.

Greetings, Leo Wandersleb