[Fwd: Re: [glob2-devel] new features in cvs]

From: Donkyhotay
Subject: [Fwd: Re: [glob2-devel] new features in cvs]
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2006 10:57:47 -0700

I apologize if this has gone out multiple times but for some reason my
system hung everytime I hit send.

The remember unit option DOES work but probably requires a bit of
explaining. When you start the game the buildings/flags initially use
the values defined in the unit settings. If remember unit is checkmarked
then the next time a building/flag is placed it will use the changed
value but only for that game. The purpose of this is because I often
want different default values for buildings/flags later in the game then
I do at the beginning of the game. When the game ends or if it is
restarted then it will begin again using the values stated in the unit
settings but not what was 'remembered'. You can easily test this by
building an inn, change the number of workers working on it, then
building another inn. The 2nd inn will start building with the amount of
workers you changed the first inn too. One more thing, for
swarms/inns/towers that define not have default value for workers doing
'upkeep' in addition to construction the number of units doing 'upkeep'
is determined at the time a player either places the building or pushes
the upgrade button (it's part of the OrderCreate and OrderConstruction
orders not any of the modify orders). For example say a player has a
lvl1 and a lvl2 inn. The default number of units doing upkeep on both is
1 worker. If the player pushes upgrade on the level2 inn and then
afterwards while construction is going on changes the number of workers
on the first lvl2 inn to 3 workers. The new lvl2 inn will still only
have 1 worker. Now if the player had changed the number of workers to 2
on the lvl2 inn and then had selected upgrade on the lvl1 inn then when
construction was done on the lvl2 inn 2 workers would begin filling the
inn with wheat. I agree the unit setting screen is a little ugly however
it was the only way I could find to get all the controls onto one page
(there are 34 of them). Repairing buildings is not specified in the
settings or remembered and always defaults to 1. This is mostly due to a
lack of space and the fact that I don't consider repairing very useful.
If someone wants to add options for modifying repair values it can
easily be done. You will need to modify the settings screen of course,
define the default settings in Settings.cpp then assign the default
value to the temporary values near lines 136 of Game.cpp. Then make
certain the temporary values are updated in lines 1895 of GameGUI.cpp
and then implemented in lines 1132-1135 of GameGUI.cpp. I would also
recommend modifying the function
int GameGUI::findUnitCount(int typeNum)
to be int
GameGUI::findUnitCount(int typeNum, bool repair)
in order to give back different values for repairing rather then
construction. Wouldn't be too hard to do but I honestly don't care about
changing the default value of the repair options enough to implement it
(especially since I don't really have time for it anymore) but if
someone else wants to this information should help.