Re: [glob2-devel] OS X Development

From: Martin Voelkle
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] OS X Development
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2007 22:52:47 +0100

 well, now that things in my life are settling down, and I have all of next
week off, I thought I would help do some debugging to make sure the game
works from mac OS X as one of my christmas gifts was a new macbook pro.

Anyway, in the process I found a groovy little program made by Apple called
Xcode. Basically it's an IDE, but supposedly it can be made to work with cvs
repositories, but I'm having a bit of trouble doing so. Does any developer
use Xcode or have a mac and willing to figure out how to do it with me and
make documentation for the process?

My goal for during my spring-break is to document how to setup a development
platform with Xcode to work with glob2-cvs on the mac, and fix any bugs in
the code related to an OS X on intel binary.

Although I help with the website I'm not that familiar with the code, so any
hints about the mac setup would be helpful

I'm no help with OS X, but a very nice thing IMHO would be to build
glob2 with Cmake. Cmake can generate Makefiles, Visual Studio projects
and Xcode projects. This way, there would be a single build system for
all the OSes.

Martin