Re: [glob2-devel] Alpha 22 Release

From: Kai Antweiler
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Alpha 22 Release
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 12:00:04 +0200

> I'm going to make the Alpha 22 release in 2 days on Friday (Canada
> Central Eastern Time), unless someone disagrees. I'll try to cram in
> some bug testing before I do, but I think we are about ready to do a
> release.

Unless you explain why you're in such a hurry I strongly disagree!
What is wrong with waiting a week?
Especially after having so significant changes recently.

> Bugs in the new unit allocation system are what I'm particularly
> worried about.

Me too.  And I don't want two immediate releases like last time.

> I haven't seen any since my last bug fix, but I haven't
> had the chance to test on a wide variety of situations. I'm going to
> try to do as much bug testing as possible before Friday, and unless
> someone disagrees, I will release on that day.

There is an important bug in our tracker from Kevin:
http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?19396

There is this portability issue to OS X that Shawn just wrote
about.

Shew's graphics are still not easyly available.
It would be a shame not to have them available in the next release.

I "fixed" Leo's-cloud-crash-blocker bug without knowing what I was
doing.  It would be nice if someone would check it:
http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?19049
(you'll have to look for "snth" in the cvs entries to see my changes.)

--
Kai Antweiler