Re: [glob2-devel] okay to release!

From: Bradley Arsenault
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] okay to release!
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2007 11:47:38 -0400

From: http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?19504
"... I intend to implement a predicate/std::sort based method ..."

Please use std::stable_sort!
std::sort might use random choices when two entries have the same key.

Its the idea that counts, and std::sort doesn't use random choices,
its merely that it is unpredictable. Certain algorithms will move
elements in a manner that makes them unstable, where as others will
compare like keys and maintain relative order.

--
Kai Antweiler