Re: [glob2-devel] feedback on Globulation 2 (long, with many topics)

From: Bradley Arsenault
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] feedback on Globulation 2 (long, with many topics)
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2007 12:54:34 -0400

I certainly like your organizing of information. Some of this stuff is
designed behaviour, others bugs, and still others are just missing.
I'm trying to redesign the Glob2 in order to be much more flexible,
making many of these features a breeze to implement. Don't expect
these things anytime soon.

And yes, the Wiki is incomplete. And its very segmented. We have
arround 5 todo/wish/ideas/wanted feature lists throughout the site.
New features are constantly being implemented and the documentation
doesn't get updated very quickly.

Take the map editor for example. All of the wiki map editor
documentation is expired, the map editor was completely redesigned a
couple of releases ago. The only valid information is the script
stuff.

The one thing you can do is help with the Wiki. The wiki could be
reorganized, there is lots of redundancy, missing and incomplete
information, etc..

I try to document my things, as you can see with the Echo AI engine,
its documentation is quite thorough. On the other hand, I did make the
map editor, but haven't gotten arround to updated its documentation.
Code level documentation is present in everything I write, but not
end-user documentation.

So if you feel up to the task, working on the Wiki is one of those
things anyone can do.

--
Really. I'm not lieing. Bradley Arsenault.