Re: [glob2-devel] Hello, I'm back, and lots of comments....

From: Kai Antweiler
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Hello, I'm back, and lots of comments....
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 17:02:11 +0200

> I might providing mercurial hosting for glob2 in my new vps server, but it's
> not there yet.

This sounds really nice.

I'm just thinking about how to structure a remote repository.
One thing worth considering would be to have more than one repository:
At least one for the source code.
One for translations, one for graphics, one for sounds and one for maps.
How about separate repositories with tools for translations, graphics
and sounds, which contain scripts used to create graphics or to check
the syntex of a translation file.

Then a translator wouldn't have to pull the whole history of
glob2, if want's to translate a new line.
Alternatively we could have some translation managers who approve
submissions.  Basically the way most translators do it right now.
But we could use a separate mailing list and or use the wiki for
submission and give a "translation manager" job to some senior
translators.

The same for the other areas.
I think offering people freedom and responsibilty (where possible) is a
good thing.

A great feature would be a script that checks for each language which
expressions need to be translated.  Then outputs a html page that shows
the languages and how many expressions to be translated for each.
Clicking on a language you'll get a list of those expressions.
And then automatically upload this to our wiki.

--
Kai Antweiler