[glob2-devel] Problems with Mercurial, where is our expert on this?

From: Kieran P
Subject: [glob2-devel] Problems with Mercurial, where is our expert on this?
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 07:59:59 +1200

I used to run

cd Games/glob2-cvs && cvs update && ./configure && make && cd src && gdb glob2

and it would work perfectly. So, after viewing the website, saw update was pull and update, I changed to

cd Games/glob2-hg && hg pull && hg update && ./configure && make && cd src && gdb glob2

However, I think I'm doing it wrong because everytime I do that (everytime, that is almost 3 times in 48 hours :P), I get the following output:

address@hidden ~]$ cd Games/glob2-hg && hg pull && hg update && ./configure &                                                                             & make && cd src && gdb glob2
pulling from https://hg.globulation2.org/glob2/
http authorization required
realm: Enter your globulation 2 mercurial username
user: k776
password:
searching for changes
no changes found
abort: update spans branches, use 'hg merge' or 'hg update -C' to lose changes
address@hidden glob2-hg]$

Now I want to merge, but when I try:

address@hidden glob2-hg]$ hg merge
abort: working dir not at a head rev - use "hg update" or merge with an explicit rev
address@hidden glob2-hg]$ hg update
abort: update spans branches, use 'hg merge' or 'hg update -C' to lose changes
address@hidden glob2-hg]$ hg update -C
3 files updated, 0 files merged, 0 files removed, 0 files unresolved
address@hidden glob2-hg]$

Its a loophole that forces me to use the -C command on the end of update, which I guess means either force (which can cause problems) or skip (which means I might as well have not updated anything :P)

Please help :D

--
Kieran.P
http://qlwiki.linuxsolutions.co.nz/