Re: [glob2-devel] We must do a game, not an engine

From: Kai Antweiler
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] We must do a game, not an engine
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 15:34:46 +0200

Some times ago, I added the ability to the old map edit to skin the units.

What does that mean?
Would you have to paint the hundred images of the unit, or just one
texture that will be overlayed on our globs?
Could you paint that with the map editor, or did you have to use gimp?

The new map edit does not implement this possibility. This is frustrating.

I believe it is.

While
this may look like a toy feature, but it allows for ambiance customization
(the idea was to have wild animals in the solo campaign).

I think that one has to make a start.
Once there is an example however bad it is, and it is documented you
to do this, the feature gets a real chance to be used.
Otherwise ...

By the way:
Do we have documentation on how to create a map/campaign
and contribute it to us?
--
Kai Antweiler