Re: [glob2-devel] new wiki page to distract you from the flame war

From: Joe Wells
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] new wiki page to distract you from the flame war
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 19:30:34 +0100

Joe Wells <address@hidden> writes:

>> There is a new wiki page at
>>
>>   http://globulation2.org/wiki/Current_Issues_with_Using_Globulation_2
>>
>> to distract you from the ongoing flame war.  :-)
>>
>> This includes most of the items from my first 3 batches of feedback.
>
> Sorry, I just discovered a problem.  When I used the “Show preview”
> option, it showed me that my text was being received properly, but
> then when I used the “Save page” option, the wiki discarded some of
> the text at the end.
>
> So the last item is chopped in the middle and a number of items after
> that are missing.
>
> I'll have to break the page into smaller pieces and re-add the text
> the wiki discarded.  I'll do this later.

I've discovered more about the cause of this.  It turns out that my
copy of Firefox is sometimes truncating the contents of textarea
elements supplied as part of web pages to be a multiple of 4096
characters long.  This happens for textarea contents as small as 8k.
It does this truncation at the time when it reads the web page and
displays it for the user; I can correctly submit texts provided I
enter them into the textarea.  Arrgh!  This is going to make it
difficult to edit wiki pages until I get this fixed.

I've split the above-mentioned web page into 3 parts anyway because
the wiki was recommending that pages not be larger than 32k.

--
Joe