Re: [glob2-devel] An intriguing offer from a small group of developers

From: Stéphane Magnenat
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] An intriguing offer from a small group of developers
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2007 10:33:37 +0200

> Do you think that might be acceptable? (I'm just throwing ideas here,
> nothing is final, if you can think of more terms then fire away. The worst
> they can do is reject them :P )

I don't like this idea of advertisement at all. I do not see why there would
be two classes of contributors. If they want to contribute, they are very
welcome. They will of course be added to credits. We can provide links to
homepages in credits. But that's all.

I don't want the game or the website to display advertisements.

Please take care not to morally engage the Glob 2 community on such sensitive
issues without consensus. There are people providing physical ressources
(Kyle, Drazak, I) or intellectual ones (Bradley, you, ...) for free and
because they like the game. We must be extremely cautious by making
agreements with people that don't want to follow this free philosophy. And,
in general, I would say we should refuse such agreements (of course it calls
for case by case analysis).

Steph

--
http://stephane.magnenat.net