Re: [glob2-devel] Minimap algorithm

From: Kieran P
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Minimap algorithm
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2007 12:08:17 +1200

I understand its still in progress, but its got a lot more work to go! The map no longer has fog of war, or blindness for unexplorered parts. Its available for anyone to see on the mini map.

Also, its very ugly. It looks nothing like it does in alpha 23. You cant see terrain 100% and overall, its worse than a23 atm. I'm sure it will get better! ??

Nct: I'm somewhat angry, and frustrated. You are not really helping by undoing work of others that have spent hours polishing fine working code.

Calm down Nct. If Brad wants to rewrite code, let him!! As long as the new system works as well or better (which it does not atm but will soon?) as the old, and of the same speed or faster, and of better coding (easier to add to) then who cares if it gets rewritten (its when its more complex to code, slower, or doesn't work the same that should get someone "somewhat angry, and frustrated"!! The game is supposed to be about speed and functionality, not showing off code you made. AFAIC, if the whole of Glob2's code got rewritten (removing all of your code and anyone elses), as long as it works, then fine. The player doesn't care who made the game, as long as it goes.

And with the new code, developers will be able to add heaps more code and functions to the game. Its all good in the end.

--
Kieran.P
http://qlwiki.linuxsolutions.co.nz/