[glob2-devel] Ok, switching to scons

From: Bradley Arsenault
Subject: [glob2-devel] Ok, switching to scons
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 02:38:50 -0400

Ok this is it. I'm preparing for a full switch to scons, permanent switch. I've branched of the scons_conversion branch, and i've removed all of the old autotools based stuff, and I've began work on replicating all of our old build options with scons. Everything from the image programs in glob2/tools to the installation of glob2/data, from debug builds to static release builds.

I would prefer a more coherent, one-for-all solution and scons is extensible enough to easily provide that for us. We could make a custom Builder class for our doxygen documentation, for example (but i don't intend to doxygen is easy enough as it is). I'm not going to miss anything.

I've also (finally) gotten everything for mingw downloaded on windows so thats also going to be cleared up. Apparently scons integrates well with xcode so mac OSX builds will also be easy.

 I will be merging this branch back in once i get everything sufficiently tested (and I haven't forgotten anything). If anyone objects, speak now.
--
Really. I'm not lieing. Bradley Arsenault.