Re: [glob2-devel] idea: make existing features work well before adding n

From: Kieran P
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] idea: make existing features work well before adding new features (was: Nicowar Update!)
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 10:07:19 +1200

I've made a list of things I think NEED to be in Globulation 2's  1.0.0 release. They are bare minimums. Paving areas is not included :P Its an extra for 1.1.0 :P

http://globulation2.org/wiki/Things_to_do_before_1.0.0

They are mainly bugs and small features needed in order to make 1.0.0 awesome. Without them, we should just call the next release alpha 24 !

1.0.0 should be a "wow" release, something much better in all areas than alpha 23. Without the features I listed on that page, it wont be a "wow" release!

Granted, some of them are pretty complex, but they will be worth it!

Wouldn't you rather make 1.0.0 stunning than push a release?

After all, we are now doing RC release for Glob2. The first RC1 will be out when the features and bug fixed under the RC1 heading are completed.

Dont add anything to the list, but if you think something should be removed, please comment here.

Regards
Kieran