Re: [glob2-devel] Longer Release Candidate, soon!

From: Kieran P
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Longer Release Candidate, soon!
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 20:47:50 +1200

>I would like to do a longer release candidate. Rather than actually doing a release, we will do the announcements[snip]

Ok. Sounds good. There is only two more things to do before RC1 can be released. http://globulation2.org/wiki/Things_to_do_before_1.0.0

Those being
* scons needs to have "scons install" and the files in a folder in the tar (not on the tar root) before releasing. Dont worry about the other things. Those two are important and should be done before anything else.
* old maps with old map header need to be ignored in all situations that would cause a crash, freeze, or any other problems (like custom games being the main one, followed by load game and map editor).

Also, we probably don't need a branch for the RC, rather, branch of any new work. Example, between RC1 and RC2, there will be bug fixes and a few new features. those new features should be in a branch (like normal) while bug fixed remain in master. That way, we can tell people the RC is on master, so that when they go to get it, any bugs reported and fixed wont show up for them (so we wont get duplicate reports!).

It makes more sense to me to have master as the bug fixed RC branch :P

>I will be prepared to do the release candidate within a couple of days, after I clear up all known bugs.

Sounds good. Be sure to do those two things listed above ;)

Regards
Kieran