Re: [glob2-devel] to-do before 1.0 (was: idea: make existing features wo

From: Kai Antweiler
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] to-do before 1.0 (was: idea: make existing features work well before adding new features)
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 11:22:28 +0200

> >* Small details on how "t" ("draw unit paths") works are not essential to
> fix before 1.0.
>
> It should be easy to fix though. Maybe 1-2 lines. The 5-10 mins spent on
> this is nothing compared to the amount of time people will try to figure out
> why they cant trace origin to destination because the lines keep going :P
> This stays :P

We don't know which resources will be targeted.  We only estimate which resource
will be.  If we want this estimated resources to draw lines, we have
to estimate these
resources for every glob!  Right now we only have to estimate for
every visible glob.
I guess this is a huge speed difference.

> >There are good reasons why autosave files all have the same name.
>
> No other game I play just uses Autosave. They always have the time or map
> name or both. Globulation 2 cant afford to have one autosave!

Why?
I only use autosave when glob2 crashes.  Otherwise I save the game myself.
I think this point shows again that what some people think is essential, other
people think is not or even that it is a deterioration.
The best aim is releasing glob2 when it becomes stable and include some
improvements, if they are easy to implement and someone has the time.
As currently only Bradley is coding, a huge list of small things can
take a while.

--
Kai Antweiler