Re: [glob2-devel] scons failure: SConsEnvironment instance has no attrib

From: Joe Wells
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] scons failure: SConsEnvironment instance has no attribute 'Clone'
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2007 08:38:55 +0100

"Bradley Arsenault" <address@hidden> writes:

> On 7/31/07, Joe Wells <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> You should understand that Scons is based on python. Its extremely quick to
> install, after the sources where downloaded (which takes me a while on
> dialup),
> scons was installed roughly 20 seconds later, with simply extract the tarball,
> cd into the directory, and python setup.py install

Hi, Bradley,

My concern about installing extra packages by hand has nothing to do
with how long it takes to install them.  My concern is that I need to
avoid non-standard packages (and package versions) as much as possible
because they tend to cause trouble (which can take a lot of time and
effort to debug) as other software on the system gets upgraded through
the normal processes.

--
Joe