Re: [glob2-devel] External perception of glob2 community

From: Stéphane Magnenat
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] External perception of glob2 community
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 09:53:42 +0200

Hi,

> 1) Advertising
>
> There isn't enough. Sourceforge worked (got 40 odd support requests, only 1
> followed through by making the music) but has died down now. It needs a lot
> more advertising. Magazines, More on wikipedia, articles, reviews, radio
> shows etc etc. Something that can reach about several 100 at once rather
> than the current 100 over 3 months :P

I only partially agree. It is no use to get more people if they leave because
it is not easy to contribute. I think we should make glob2 more
artist/mapper/contributors friendly. This was the rationale of my post on
translations either.

> 2) Incentive
>
> The AUTHORS file is far too long. Anyone who contributes wont have a
> prominent place in the file. I think we need to shorten the list,
> particularly the translations, to sort alphabetically then compact it only
> 1 long line. Remove any contributions that no longer count, or compact them
> too. This should help give some reason to help (better advertising).

Well, ok to reorganize it, but we must respect all contributions. This is of
utmost importance. Furthermore, removing someone whose contribution is still
in glob2 would be illegal.

Have a nice day,

Steph

--