Re: [glob2-devel] New prestige system

From: Kai Antweiler
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] New prestige system
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2007 20:45:26 +0100

> I have started implementing the new prestige system I proposed in
> http://globulation2.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=225

Very nice idea!
It fits perfectly into glob2 and should reduce the game length.

I think it would be a good idea to also stop the timer, when the player that
triggered it drops down from his prestige level.  That would allow to
defend the against clearing-attacks that you mentioned.

What do you think about triggering the timer, when a player gets
a higher prestige level than any other player? In this case, when
some players drop in prestige, the timer might also be triggered.

In any case we have to document this precisly for our users sooner
or later.

Is the timer reset to 5 minutes each time?
I probably would prefer if it is not.

We also could add or remove abilities for the one player or the rest.
e.g.: the player who triggered the timer is not allowed to repair buildings,
or the other players are not allowed to harvest,
or explorers are not allowed to attack buildings.
The latest point sounds like a must.
There are a lot possibilities.  Probably we should let the users choose
what will be triggered before a game.

> 2) I would like to add hourglass graphics that change depending on how

We could try to reuse some graphics from other open source projects.
--
Kai Antweiler