[glob2-devel] Partial fix for lan games

From: Matthew Marshall
Subject: [glob2-devel] Partial fix for lan games
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2008 00:21:24 -0300

I've found the problem with not being able to join a lan game.  It's a simple
race condition: the client automatically connects to the first game, but
doesn't wait for the list of games to arrive.  It happly reads the first item
of an empty list.

I've attached a two-line fix (as both a bundle and a patch, whatever is
preferred.)

But there's another problem: the game reports a desync immediately.  Strangely
enough, the world dumps are identical.  For now I just disabled the desync
check and played four or five games without a problem.

(I would put all of this on savanna, but I can't get it to load on my
cellphone internet connection.)

MWM