Re: [glob2-devel] doubling all bids to gain a full time programmer

From: Kai Antweiler
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] doubling all bids to gain a full time programmer
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 20:30:22 +0100

> > In any case: you can put a message on glob2-announce.
>
> What does that mean? Who will receive it then?

It is one of our mailing lists:

I don't know who reads it - well I do.

> Still a missrepresentation might frustrate others that also did a lot.

Actually, I didn't want to misrepresent anything, but your right.
When I think about the whole issue: it is more complicated.
It is not only the matter of letting a young talented programmer
help us instead of flip burgers.

Offering money for work that is usually done for free and offering
so little money for someone who would earn a multitude, if he would be
a bit older - two confusing issues.
Breaks with good old tradition.  Will very probably affront some.

On the other hand:
We really need the workforce and those six month should be enough
to produce the long awaited glob2-1.0.

> I only wanted to tell that he's not like this "company/team" that once
> offered to work for glob2 if we rebrand it under their logo without them
> having anything to proove they are worth a penny.

True, that's an important difference!

> The one like the other is so little money that i would really be frustrated
> if we couldn't raise it.

Always the optimist ...

Another point:
I guess we have to look whether this counts as illicit work.
--
Kai Antweiler