Re: [glob2-devel] using multy core when compiling

From: Leo Wandersleb
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] using multy core when compiling
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2008 17:04:28 +0100

Stéphane Magnenat wrote:
Is there a way to let scons choose the number of process depending on the number of core/hardware threads?

Don't know. Still it is no good advice to simply set some high default as here it crashes if I use -j 8. Found that out only after I sent the first mail.

Steph you also use blender. blender too defaults to use only one job. You can set this (on a project basis :( ) in the compiler settings (F10) -> Threads:1 (lower left of the screen). Results are comparable to those of scons. speed doubles 1->2 and stays there for more threads. Here also I've wasted a lot of time due to this misconfiguration. :(

Leo Wandersleb