[glob2-devel] For people interested in deliberating AI

From: Stéphane Magnenat
Subject: [glob2-devel] For people interested in deliberating AI
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2008 10:18:50 +0100

Hi,

In the course of my grand plan to make robots intelligent ;-), I've discovered
two small nice article about using AI planning in RTS game (first is
Starcraft second is Warcraft), and this might be of some interest for people
that want to improve the reasoning abilities of the AIs:

A first look at buildorder optimization in real-time strategy games - A
Kovarsky, M Buro - GameOn - 2006.pdf
http://www.cs.ualberta.ca/~mburo/ps/planprop.pdf

Online Planning for Resource Production in Real-Time Strategy Games - H Chan,
A Fern, S Ray, N Wilson, C Ventura - ICAPS - 2007.pdf
http://www.cs.orst.edu/%7Eafern/papers/icaps07-rts.pdf

They are both recent and can be considered the state of the art.

Have a nice day,

Steph

--
http://stephane.magnenat.net