Re: [glob2-devel] best game ever

From: Leo Wandersleb
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] best game ever
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 00:21:03 +0100

hi
it's called river? just about straight out of the map generator
(would need to ask giszmo about the rest of those details) at one
without testing if it's right i guess it was about that: river,repeat 4,512x64,water:beach:gras:desert 10:1:30:3,wheat 30,wood 30,stone 3,algae 5,fruit 0,width 50,smoothness lowest
only had to
point we hit a combined total of 1100 units and close to 200 buildings.
that was you having 1000 and me 100 :)
you better fear my revenge!
The only game issue was placing, modifying, and deleting flags and
trying to build new buildings got to be a bit laggy. doing anything
with flags was taking between 10-30 seconds depending on what my
That was not at all the case at my end. the gui was all responsive. As the order queue should be same length at all clients (if A can give orders at t-1s and B only at t-30s that would be unfair.) i wonder what that was.
other units were doing (attacking, etc) and ghost buildings (very
cool by the way) were taking 10-15 seconds before I was able to
modify units working on them

I barely noticed our spooky new feature (like the name ghost buildings. if you click fast enough you get a ghost town).

Leo Wandersleb