Re: [glob2-devel] Have you heard of this?

From: Leo Wandersleb
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Have you heard of this?
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2008 10:18:48 +0100

Quinn Yee Qin Teh wrote:
> But they're using our design of the glob already... Although they're not
> using any of the sources. Can they do that?
as long as they don't violate our copyright on the code, it's fine with
me. theoretically we don't have any """intellectual property""" (i hate
this term in itself) on the movement of the globs or on the basic shape
of the buildings (lets copy the swarm as a throne. i like it and they
can't protect that concept neither) or the topology of the world. we
have a copyright on the single images and 3d-models and those can not be
used without our permit (through the gpl for example).

actually you can protect very simple things as trademarks but that would
not come for free. copyright is for free at least here in germany. in
consequence it only protects from stuff being copied (and subsequently
modified).

greetings,

leo