Re: [glob2-devel] maintainer wanted

From: Kai Antweiler
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] maintainer wanted
Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 12:58:40 +0100

> The maintainer of the project is the person who gets shit done on the
> project.

Would you please add this description to the Wikipedia entry:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_maintainer

Just kidding :)

> There isn't anyone making decisions,

That is by design.  Glob2 is a community project.
Steph could have played big boss all along if he had wanted to.

> nothing at all except the occasional contribution by new and
> existing members of the project.

Pretty good for a project that started about a decade ago, isn't it?

> but we need to get the message out there that this project is dead
> and if no one wants it anymore, then its pretty much done.

I strongly disagree with your analysis as well as with the idea that
dead projects will attract anybody.  There are millions of really dead
projects and almost none of them attracts anything at all.
--
Kai Antweiler