Re: [glob2-devel] Lua alongside USL

From: Stéphane Magnenat
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Lua alongside USL
Date: Sun, 9 Aug 2009 11:04:19 +0200

Hi,

We have had this discussion for a long time. LUA does not provide the requred
features (checkpointing, predictive execution) for its use in the core engine.
It could be used for scripting the GUI though, but why dispersing the
scripting work?

We should add serialization (for checkpointing) to USL, maybe fix its rather
ineficient implementation of loops (that is, implement tail recursion
elimination), and then USL is very use ful. We can simplify the binding of
function using boost::function and boost::parameters_types, the first is a
clean way to embed function pointer, the second generates a mpl vector (that
is, a sequence of types) with the arguments of a function pointer.

Martin, is the above list correct?

Kind regards,

Stéphane

--