Re: [glob2-devel] Release ?

From: Jon Neal
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Release ?
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 15:52:27 +0000

I have an extra computer that I've been looking for a use for. It's a p4 (not exactly sure the speed) with 256mb ram, 10/100 ethernet card, I have a stable internet connection and power. (Although in the past few years we have gotten extremely bad storms with many fallen trees and had power go out for a few days.) I would love to host a server! The computer has been sitting there collecting dust. :(

Thanks,

Jon

2009/8/16 Stéphane Magnenat <address@hidden>
On Sunday 16 August 2009 03:57:59 Leo Wandersleb wrote:
> Stéphane Magnenat wrote:
> > Ok, so if we merge the replay, we have to do an RC, and if not, we can
> > release directly, right?
>
> not really. as far as i remember, default would not be compatible to beta4
> neither. replay itself is not messing compatibility but was forked after
> some compatibility breaking changes to default.

Ok, does that implies adding yet another YOG server or is the server
for "default" hg ok?

> biggest issue to fix for beta5 is some market-related crash (see the latest
> change to the bugtracker)

Can we attach bugs to a release? It would be good to agree on and track which
bug to fix for beta5.

I'm very busy in general, but I'm also a bit sad that glob2's development is
stalled, so I will try to schedule some times in the next weeks to help its
development. But to takes the best advantage of this, we have to agree of
what to do in which order of importance.

Is the current "unfinished" state of USL a big problem for campaign. Is it
more important than markets? Do you think that replay can attract more
players? Is there anyone around that can help fixing the bugs?

Kind regards,

Stéph

--
http://stephane.magnenat.net