Re: [glob2-devel] graphic standardization: buildings discussion

From: dryad
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] graphic standardization: buildings discussion
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2009 23:56:54 +0100 (BST)

> I do not understand. Are you against having more damage frame on some
> buildings, or do you mean that every building must at least have one?

I mean, every building must have 1 as standard, but if more are needed for
some other building as an "exception" there should be some code for
handling this exception.

like:
a player looks at the building
it doesn't look "normal"
it means it's damaged
but how much?
the player looks at the hp line

now, having more graphic according to the damage taken is a mere graphical
thing. obviously the more you add the more the gme looks nice, but there
should be a place for defining it.
say the swarm is the main building so it has 3 different damages
the wall got 1
and so on...

let's start with 1 damage per building, then we can add the other ones
where needed

> Which string?

changed this
miniSprite data/gfx/minibuildingsite

into this
miniSprite data/gfx/minidefencetower0b

minidefencetower0b.png was in the right place

> The problem is that currently glob2 supports more-or-less (never really
> tested) varying number of frames for terrain and units. But we could image
> that terrains and units have images of 256 x HEIGHT, where HEIGHT =
> FRAMES_COUNT / (256 / 32).

y that's the same thing i thought