Re: [glob2-devel] graphic standardization: player color discussion

From: Leo Wandersleb
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] graphic standardization: player color discussion
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 02:03:34 +0100

address@hidden wrote:
(0, 0°,0,0),
(1, 180°,0,0),
(2, 90°,.8,0),
(3, 270°,.8,0),
(4, 45°,0,.8),
(5, 225°,.8,0),
(6, 90°,.8,0),
(7, 270°,.8,0),
(8, 45°,0,.8),
(9, 225°,.8,0),

leo that's the exact same thing i said^^
we wrote the same colors in 2 different ranges

no. it is not the same thing because i did not write "colors" but "color shifts". unfortunately i cannot send you a document i prepared for work covering exactly the same issue but maybe i either get the ok from my boss or i can redo it for glob2. problem is that the individualization now involves having a grey scale area that is recolored to the team color. my concept takes a colored individualization layer with one dominant color that gets color transformed to the team color. the result would definitely be more colorful patterns.

ok, attached you see the concept. left you see the original "individualisation gfx". it is not grey scale but it has a dominant red part to it. for recognition for color blind people i guess it would help to have a 80% color (red) and a 15% color (blue). this way the blue would get shifted to a different color and even if the teams are red and green, the red team would have clearly visible blue features while the green team would have red features. a red-green-blind person can most likely distinguish blue and red and would thus be able to recognize friends and foes.

regards,

leo

PNG image